A fiduciary is a person or entity that holds a legal or ethical relationship of trust. In the profession of financial advice, a fiduciary is one solely acting in the interest of a client.
A proper fiduciary avoids conflicts of interest. They also disclose all facts material to the relationship. If a potential conflict may interfere with a professional’s fiduciary duty to a client, the relationship should not be entered into. The professional relationship between a client and a fiduciary means:
- The client always knows exactly how the fiduciary is compensated
- The fiduciary will owe their first and foremost loyalty to their client
- The fiduciary commits to act with diligence and without bias
- The fiduciary will always act with honesty, integrity, and professionalism
- The fiduciary will only charge fees for their services (and not commissions), and will only charge amounts that are reasonable for the services being provided
In the United States, the largest organization of fee-only, fiduciary-only financial advisors is known as the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), of which Callahan Financial Planning Company is a member.
Callahan Financial Planning Company and its employees have signed and are held to fiduciary oaths, in addition to their ethical oaths made as professional certificants of the CFP Board, the CFA Institute, as members of NAPFA, and under fiduciary securities laws in the state of Nebraska and the United States.
We do not earn commissions or receive other forms of payment that may create conflicts of interest.
Our clients generally pay for our services as part of an ongoing relationship at a preset annual rate, but in certain circumstances we perform limited scope one time engagements for a fixed fee, depending on the type of questions/advice sought. We do not receive any other forms of compensation. You will be provided a full quote prior to beginning any work with us.
To request a quote for your situation, please go to our Get Started page.
You can choose from four different fee-only financial planning services, which are detailed on our What We Charge page.
It’s easy! Choose your method of choice:
- By Phone (Omaha): (402) 341-2000
- By Phone (Lincoln): (402) 474-1200
- By Phone (Toll-Free): (800) 991-5195
- By Email
- In Person: Get Directions
Hours of Operation
Mon – Fri: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sat: By Appointment
You can learn more about our amazing team of financial planners and other staff at the Our Team page.
No, Callahan Financial Planning Company is an independent, Omaha-based Company that provides a unique form of conflict-free financial planning. This independence is important because:
- Large American banks and brokerages have products for sale, and the job of their financial advisors is to distribute these. They may offer ancillary financial advice along with their product sales, but it is important to note their underlying position: selling you a product.
- Typically brokerages, insurance companies and mutual funds have what’s known as a “revenue sharing” arrangement in place. This money has to come from somewhere, and unfortunately it’s directly from your investments.
Our business model is distinctly different: we are only compensated by our clients. This is the only way to ensure true and appropriate recommendations can be made, and to ensure you don’t pay these extra costs. You’ll never have to second guess advice again.
Our offices are located in Omaha, Nebraska – at Midtown Crossing at Turner Park. Adjacent to the development are the headquarters of Mutual of Omaha, Berkshire Hathaway, and Kiewit.
We are also one mile from downtown Omaha. We’re located just west of I-480 (Harney Street / Dodge Street Exit) near Farnam and 31st streets.
3157 Farnam Street Suite 7111, Omaha, NE 68131
Contact Us | View Map and Directions